Japanese Dramas

I've become a fan of Japanese dramas, also called jdrama, jdorama or j-drama.

I have watched a few of them, and my favorite of all until now is 花より男子 (Hana Yori Dango / Boys Before Flowers / Boys Over Flowers).

It's a modern tale of Cinderella.

It's a story about a poor student Makino Tsukushi and her unexpected love life. You must watch it if you are a hopeless romantic like I am.

The story is funny, interesting, emotional and also educational for us who are learning Japanese language.

My favorite word was びんぼう (binbou) or poor. It was somehow musical the way they pronounced it. You'll have to look at it and listen carefully when they say びんぼう.

Put びんぼう in google videos search. Some interesting videos come up.


The title 花より男子 is in reality a proverb that is related to お花見 (ohanami) or cherry blossoms viewing, meaning something like eating more than viewing flowers.

Anyway, go and look at it.





Hana Yori Dango I & II / The Final Movie Edition
Hana yori dango

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...